ipac investment approach
how we manage money
To help you invest, our advisers take advantage of investment portfolios built to meet your needs. ipac’s investment portfolios draw on ipac’s 20 years experience as a manager of money and the specialist team of investment professionals in ipac’s asset management business.
Our portfolios invest into a wide range of quality assets, bought at sensible prices that we believe have the potential to perform over time. Simply put, our portfolios encompass these elements: Quality, Value, Diversity and Time™.
If you’d like a more detailed explanation on our approach to investing read on:
our investment beliefs
Markets are driven by changing expectations for fundamentals and shifts in investor sentiment.
- We capture medium term investment opportunities that are anchored in economic drivers of risk and return that we can more confidently predict over time.
- Quality investment research informs our portfolio decisions. Where we observe that investor sentiment is at extremes then we are prepared to lean in the opposite direction.
Diversification is the fundamental principle that underpins the construction of reliable portfolios.
- Diversification across asset classes, investment strategies and managers increases the likelihood of achievement of outcomes and makes the journey more comfortable for our clients.
- A desire to increase diversity drives our innovation – both to efficiently capture return in traditional asset classes and through research that seeks to identify new opportunities.
The reliability of a multi-manager portfolio can be enhanced by accessing and cleverly combining managers with different sources of skill.
- We are organised to identify fund managers with quality investment insights, and a breadth of opportunities to implement these ideas.
- To be appointed to our portfolios, managers have to prove they have an investment edge which is sustainable.
- Ongoing assessment of investment strategies and managers by experienced investment professionals is vital to achieve portfolio objectives as the investment landscape changes quickly.
Operational excellence minimises slippage between expectations and outcomes.
- We are experienced at managing the day to day delivery of portfolios. This operational excellence optimises the value of the investment ideas we capture.
- We have the scale and expertise to avoid unnecessary transaction costs which improves the outcome for our clients.
- To protect the safety of client’s wealth, their investments are held by a third party, known as a custodian, providing comfort for clients that their money is safe.