- self-managed super
- corporate services
is an SMSF right for me?
The right super solution is one that meets your needs and can help you create the lifestyle you want.
When establishing an SMSF you should consider:
- Do you have at least $200,000 in assets to warrant the costs involved?
- Do you have the time, skills and expertise to manage an SMSF?
- Do you have the time to learn these skills?
- Do you have enough unique investments to warrant using your own SMSF, or will a normal retail or industry fund do?
- Do you understand the obligations your trust deed will place you under and the requirements of super legislation?
- Do you have the time to ensure your fund meets its auditing, record keeping and reporting obligations?
Starting your own SMSF should be the result of a need that suits your goals, not a strategy within itself. If you don’t consider all your responsibilities or lack the expertise, you could end up with a costly, under-performing investment.
With the right guidance and motivations, an SMSF can help take you towards the retirement you want. And your ipac adviser will help you make the right decision.
- Introduction to SMSF – Learn the basics of SMSFs
- Value of advice – How working with an adviser will help your SMSF